We were organized under the authority of the Soil Conservation District Law as passed by the Virginia General Assembly of 1938. In 1941, the District was formed with only Frederick County. In 1944, Clarke and Warren Counties joined the District; Shenandoah County became a part of the District in 1945. In 1973, the City of Winchester joined to complete the present District.
All programs and services of the district are offered on a nondiscriminatory basis, without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, handicap, or political affiliation.