Poster Contest 2022
The annual Conservation Poster Contest provides kindergarten through twelfth grade students an opportunity to convey their thoughts about soil, water and related natural resource issues through art. It also highlights the educational outreach efforts of conservation districts and their state conservation associations, auxiliaries and agencies. The poster contest theme follows the annual NACD Stewardship theme.
Each year, the poster contest starts at the district level and moves on to the state level. The Lord Fairfax SWCD will forward the local winning poster entries to VASWCD for state consideration.
2022 Poster Contest Theme: “Healthy Soil: Healthy Life?”
Poster Categories By Grade:
*NEW, NACD has added a category for digital posters this year for 7-12th grade students. Districts may submit a digital AND hand-drawn entry for 7-9th and 10-12th category. These will be judged separately at the state level.
The contest is open to public, private or home school students, girl scout/boy scout troops, etc.
Rules and Resources:
To enter the contest: Download & fill out the Poster Contest Entry Form and submit your poster to LFSWCD by September 1st, 2022 at the following address: 722-B East Queen Street, Strasburg VA 22657
Awards are as follows:
- All 1st place winners per category will be awarded a conservation gift and have their poster forwarded to VASWCD for state consideration.
- All participants will receive a ribbon of participation.
- Any student that is in the Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts can receive a patch for participating in the contest. Interested students must request the patch on their completed entry form.
- State winners receive recognition and a prize from the VASWCD. The 1st place poster in each category will be submitted to the National Association of Conservation Districts’ Poster Contest.
- The top three posters in each category of the national contest will receive monetary prizes. First place winners will receive $200, second place winners will receive $150 and 3rd place winners will receive $100.
Visit the NACD Poster Contest site for additional resources and information: http://www.nacdnet.org/general-resources/stewardship-and-education-materials/contests/